Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Interview: Adam Sandler and Taylor Lautner talk about growing up pains, fears and bullies

In a recent interview, as part of the Grown Ups 2 promotions, Adam Sandler and Taylor Lautner both talked about their experiences while growing up. Here's what Taylor had to say...Taylor, for his part, revealed that what keeps him grounded is his family. “I owe a lot to my family,” he said. “They definitely keep me grounded. But it was huge for me to work with people in this movie like Adam and Kevin. Everybody in this movie have experienced so much success in their career but still then are so humble and so down-to-earth and treat everyone with respect. It was amazing for a young actor like me to see somebody like that and that’s possible. That’s exactly what I’ll strive for.”The former “Twilight” actor said that he was excited to be a part of a comedy but he admitted that he was intimidated because “I was like how on earth am I going to be funny when I got Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Chris Rock and David Spade in this movie. I mean, that’s going to be impossible but they were tremendous. They welcomed me with open arms and brought me into the family and they made it easy.”Asked what growing up meant to him, Taylor, 21, said, “I think of growing up as just like learning and life experience. I’m obviously very young. I’ve experienced a lot of different things than most kids my age have which I’m crazy thankful about. But I love learning and I believe you can never stop learning. You learn from people who have experienced more than you so that’s why I was so excited to be a part of this movie. All of these guys and girls in this movie are at the top of their careers. They have experienced so much and to be able to be a part of something like this and learn from them is huge for a young actor like myself. They are fantastic role models.”A karate champion at a very young age when he was growing up in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Taylor said that when he was a kid, nobody wanted to test him and see how good he was. “I remember some of the biggest bullies in school,” he narrated. “I was actually small when I was in school. I was like the runt. When I was on the football team, I was the lightest kid. When I heard that the most famous bullies in school would be like ‘Oh, I don’t want to mess with him. He’s a karate expert.’ It made me feel pretty cool. So I didn’t have to deal with bullies too much but I could see it going the opposite way as well and kids wanting to test your skills because you are a martial arts expert.“But karate worked in a very positive way for me. I learned so much from it. It’s great. It teaches you discipline, hard work and all of that stuff. I definitely applied everything I learned from martial arts into my life.”Asked what made him laugh, Taylor admitted that Kevin James makes him laugh. “When Kevin opens his mouth it makes me laugh for some reason,” he confessed. “If I could pick somebody who makes me laugh the most, it would probably be him. Don’t get me wrong. I love Adam. He’s made me laugh my entire life but there’s something about Kevin. He can just talk. He’s the funniest person I know. I’ve loved all of his movies. He’s also just the nicest guy. He’s a big teddy bear. He’s awesome. I love him to death. I find him so funny that he could just talk to me and I’d laugh.”(read full interview)Via
Source:http://taylorlautnersmile.blogspot.com/2013/07/interview-adam-sandler-and-taylor.html

Interview: Adam Sandler and Taylor Lautner talk about growing up pains, fears and bullies Images

No comments:

Post a Comment